Here is what we do at your Financial Consultation Session:
Initial consultation (No Cost) : We discuss whether you qualify for a chapter 7, which involves: your income, whether you are married, whether your spouse has income, how many dependents you have, and other circumstances that could affect your eligibility.
L.O.J.B. Financial Emergency Consultation - $20.00
Here, we do an in-depth interview about your situation.
- We take your personal information, including getting copies of your social security card and state-issued identification card
- We counsel you about the differences between the different types of bankruptcy and how each type of bankruptcy works
- We inventory your assets, discuss your expenses/income, then ask a number of financial history questions. Here, we get a full picture of what your financial situation looks like.
- We determine whether any assets would be liquidated in a chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- We explain how each type of bankruptcy would affect your situation
- We determine whether you can do a chapter 7 or not (chapter 7 is generally preferred by most clients)
- We explain the potential land mines in bankruptcy
- We go over your responsibilities in a bankruptcy
- We give you instructions on what we need from you in order to represent you in a bankruptcy case
- We counsel you about our lessons-learned, having counseled hundreds of bankruptcy clients in the past. We attempt to give you our insight into how this process can improve your life.